24 Nov 2010

The island


21st November
After arriving to the Phuket airport I hurried up to the pier so I could still catch the boat. The flight was a bit late and I wasn’t quite sure how late the boats are going. Didn’t want to get stuck in Phuket for sure, hated the place last time I was there.
Entering the pier area ended up costing me 10 baht tourist fee, they sure do charge for everything in Phuket. Luckily I was just in time to catch the next boat and it left right after I got onboard. The trip went smoothly, I was enjoying the amazing view with a breeze in my hair. 

Finally I had arrived to the island. I made my way to the taxi/pickup car and told the driver my destination. The driver was a cute little old man who was telling about the island as we were heading to the muya thai gym. He had lived there all his life for 52 years and had a big family. He also told me about a festival that was happening later that night something called “Loy Krathong”.

No comments:

Post a Comment