24 Nov 2010

Day 3


24th November
Yesterday’s training was good. We started with warm-up as usual followed by shadow boxing. Step kick step jab. Shin in. Block. More hip. Block.
Learning the right technique from Hlukhin is the best part. He looks so scary so you just have to learn. In the afternoon training he said my left kick was good which is always nice to hear.
Now I kind of know what’s happening and what to do, not like on the first day when I was completely clueless. My right shin hurts like hell though when I kick, it’s all bruised up. I put some ice on it after the afternoon training, as I just couldn’t kick with it anymore. It’s like my body is subconsciously backing up when I try to kick the pads hard.
I did the afternoon run too but only got to run it once; there was a big storm on it’s way so I decided not to risk it and go again. A good decision, the rain started after 5 minutes and it was pouring.
The day was complete with a swim and relaxation in the pool, omelette, a friendly game of poker and a good night sleep, finally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment