10 Dec 2010

Week 3


11th December
This week has been emotional and painful.
It started with a mental breakdown; my body was just too tired to survive from the training. I felt like I couldn’t do anything and I just sucked. I wanted to cry and go home, but I didn’t. Instead I took one afternoon off training to get my head together and for my body to recover. I felt much better the next day. During my mental breakdown Hlukhin and Lisa came over to comfort me and talk to me: a gesture I appreciated a lot.
My body is still in pain: both of my ankles are now f*cked and so are my hands, punching is very painful. My right thigh is also in pain as I was grabbling with Jame, the tiny and skinny thai boy, and kneed him hitting him right in the hip bone and causing myself serious injury.
The biggest problem is my ankles as it has limited my running capability. I have only run twice the whole week. First time was to injure them more and second time was this morning with my new anklets. Lisa was kind enough to give me a pair she found so I could run and train better. The running went fine, I can’t run too fast though as that still hurts my right ankle. I did feel good to run again. Now that I’m sitting here with me anklets off my ankles are in pain, hopefully they will survive.
There are less people at the camp now: all the Americans left and few guys are not training anymore. We also lost “Leon” yesterday as he headed to Bangkok and back to his family in France. I wish all the best for him.
This morning’s training was just for a Canadian girl and me. Chris and the two Thai boys finished their training early right after their 8 kilometres run. It was nice to get all the attention from the trainers, I just wish my body wasn’t in that much pain and I could train harder.
On Monday Chris and Jame will be fighting in Phuket, so we’ll be all heading to touristy nightmare to support the guys.

1 comment: